I've been making Snickers Cheesecake for years, but last year I decided to use another of my hubby's favorite candies for his birthday cheesecake. It was a smash!
I pulled from several recipes, simplified some directions, and came up with a beautiful balance of peanut butter and chocolate.
1 c. crushed Oreos
4 (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
1 c. peanut butter (creamy)
1/2 c. whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla
15-20 miniature Reese cups, halved
- Spread crushed Oreos into the bottom of a springform pan.
- Blend cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth.
- Blend in eggs one at a time.
- Blend in peanut butter, whipping cream and vanilla.
- Pour 2/3 of batter over crushed Oreos.
- Sprinkle halved miniature Reeses over cheesecake mixture.
- Top with remaining cheesecake mixture.
- Bake in oven preheated to 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.
- When center begins to look set turn off oven and allow to continue cooking for 10-20 minutes. Cool completely.
- Top with chocolate sauce and chopped Reese cups.
Linked to: Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
Delicious Dishes at It's a Blog Party